Silicone rubber extrusions are objects made from silicone rubber that are created by forcing the silicone material through a die or extrusion machine to create a continuous profile or shape. The process involves melting and shaping silicone material into a specific cross-sectional shape or profile that can be used for various applications.Silicone rubber extrusions are commonly used in a variety of industries including medical, automotive, construction, and industrial manufacturing. They are often chosen for their flexibility, durability, and ability to withstand high temperatures, as well as their resistance to chemicals and other harsh conditions.
Some common examples of silicone rubber extrusions include:
- Tubing and hoses for transporting fluids in medical and industrial applications.
- Gaskets and seals used in automotive and industrial applications to provide an airtight and watertight seal.
- Edge trim and bumpers for vehicles and machinery to protect against impact damage.
- Profiles and channels used in construction and industrial applications to provide insulation or support.
- Overall, silicone rubber extrusions are a versatile and durable solution for a wide range of applications, providing a reliable and long-lasting solution for many essential products and equipment.